Helping and supporting kids to be their best is what we do. Our programs help make that happen.
Our golf programs introduce youth to the sport of golf in a non-competitive engaging environment at a much lower cost. We believe in the importance of focusing on golf fundamentals, which will better serve our communities youth. We work with Greenway Golf and Corica Park Golf Course to provide these golf mentoring and instruction opportunities. Although we strive to provide sports resources for youth of all ages, we offer a Middle School Golf League to fill a gap where students and youth have shown historically to stop participation in sports.
Why Middle School?
- 70% of kids stop playing sports at age 13. (National Alliance for Youth Sports)
- Low-income youth are six times more likely to quit sports before middle school due to costs. (Aspen Institute)
- The average age juniors stop playing golf regularly is 11.8. (Aspen Institute)
- Tournament experience before high school creates a path to compete at a higher level, but opportunities for competitive play before high school are limited and typically expensive.
- Among the 20+ sports included in a recent Aspen Institute parent survey, golf ranked highest for lack of local teams as a barrier to play.
Chess is a sport that exercises the mind while thinking of strategies and tactics to win. The modern chess game comes from the Indian game of chaturanga, played before the 600s AD. Throughout history there has been a lack of diversity in the chess world associated with cost and culture. We recruit high school chess club students to share their love of the game and mentor our communities youth. Sharing the game of chess within our community helps over come the adversity of these cultural preconceptions.